Informational Bulletin - Sales Tax Rate Change Summary
Where can I find tax rate changes or combined sales tax rates?
The chart below outlines the sales tax rate for each jurisdiction that has imposed a change in local sales tax rates effective January 1, 2012. For a complete list of all sales tax rates, go to the Tax Rate Finder on our website at tax.illinois.gov.
How do I know if my sales are subject to a business district sales tax?
Your business address determines whether business district sales tax applies to your sales. Refer to our Tax Rate Finder on our website at tax.illinois.gov for a list of addresses. To verify a tax rate or business district address, select January 2012 on the Tax Rate Finder.
Sales Tax Rate Changes for Sales of General Merchandise
Jurisdiction Combined rate as of Rate Change NEW Combined rate Type of
December 31, 2011 as of January 1, 2012 tax change
Addison (DuPage County) 8.00% +.0.25% 8.25% Home Rule
Belleville (St. Clair County)
• Inside Carlyle /Green Mount
Business District 8.85% +0.25% 9.10% Home Rule
• Inside Frank Scott Parkway Bus. Dist. 8.85% +0.25% 9.10% Home Rule
• Inside The Parkway North Bus. Dist. 8.85% +0.25% 9.10% Home Rule
• Inside RT 15/South Green Mount
Road Business District 8.85% +0.25% 9.10% Home Rule
• Outside Business Districts 7.85% +0.25% 8.10% Home Rule
Cortland (DeKalb County) 6.25% +1.00% 7.25% Non-Home Rule
eoria (Tazewell County)
• Inside Farm Creek Area Business
District 8.00% +1.00% 9.00% Business District
• Outside Business District 8.00% No change 8.00%
airview Heights (St. Clair County)
• Inside Shoppes at St. Clair Square
Business District 8.35% +0.50% 8.85% Home Rule
• Outside Business District 7.85% +0.50% 8.35% Home Rule
Gilberts (Kane County) 7.00% +1.00% 8.00% Non-Home Rule
Johnston City (Williamson County) 7.25% +1.50% 8.75% Home Rule
Joliet (Kendall County) 8.50% +0.50% 9.00% Home Rule
Joliet (Will County) 8.25% +0.50% 8.75% Home Rule
ospect (Cook County)
• Inside Mount Prospect Business
District #1 9.50% +0.25% 9.50%3 Business District
• Outside Business District 9.50% See Cook County See Page 4
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.