Funds by Fund Number with Statutory Language
(b) The moneys deposited into the Fund shall be distributed by the State Treasurer within 10 days after those moneys are
deposited into the Fund as follows:
(1) Fifty percent of all moneys distributed under this subsection shall be distributed to organization licensees to be
distributed at their race meetings as purses. Fifty‑seven percent of the amount distributed under this paragraph (1) shall be
distributed for thoroughbred race meetings and 43% shall be distributed for standardbred race meetings. Within each breed,
moneys shall be allocated to each organization licensee's purse fund in accordance with the ratio between the purses
generated for that breed by that licensee during the prior calendar year and the total purses generated throughout the State for
that breed during the prior calendar year.
(2) The remaining 50% of the moneys distributed under this subsection (b) shall be distributed pro rata according to the
aggregate proportion of state‑wide handle at the racetrack, inter‑track, and inter‑track wagering locations that derive their
licenses from a racetrack identified in this paragraph (2) for calendar years 1994, 1996, and 1997 to (i) any person (or its
successors or assigns) who had operating control of a racing facility at which live racing was conducted in calendar year
1997 and who has operating control of an organization licensee that conducted racing in calendar year 1997 and is a licensee
in the current year, or (ii) any person (or its successors or assigns) who has operating control of a racing facility located in a
county that is bounded by the Mississippi River that has a population of less than 150,000 according to the 1990 decennial
census and conducted an average of 60 days of racing per year between 1985 and 1993 and has been awarded an inter‑track
wagering license in the current year.
If any person identified in this paragraph (2) becomes ineligible to receive moneys from the Fund, such amount shall be
redistributed among the remaining persons in proportion to their percentages otherwise calculated.
Fund Number 0631 Illinois Racing Quarterhorse Breeders Fund
Chapter 0230 Act 0005 Section 30.5
Fund Group: Special State Fund Total Revenue FY05: $22,153
Total Revenue FY06: $19,598
Fund Type: Appropriated
Administering Agency: Agriculture
(e) No moneys shall be expended from the Illinois Racing Quarter Horse Breeders Fund except as appropriated by the
General Assembly. Moneys appropriated from the Illinois Racing Quarter Horse Breeders Fund shall be expended by the
Department of Agriculture, with the advice and assistance of the Illinois Racing Quarter Horse Breeders Fund Advisory
Board, for the following purposes only:
(1) To provide stakes and awards to be paid to the owners of the winning horses in certain races. This provision is
limited to Illinois conceived and foaled horses.
(2) To provide an award to the owner or owners of an Illinois conceived and foaled horse that wins a race when
pari‑mutuel wagering is conducted; providing the race is not restricted to Illinois conceived and foaled horses.
(3) To provide purse money for an Illinois stallion stakes program.
(4) To provide for purses to be distributed for the running of races during the Illinois State Fair and the DuQuoin State
Fair exclusively for quarter horses conceived and foaled in Illinois.
(5) To provide for purses to be distributed for the running of races at Illinois county fairs exclusively for quarter horses
conceived and foaled in Illinois.
(6) To provide for purses to be distributed for running races exclusively for quarter horses conceived and foaled in
Illinois at locations in Illinois determined by the Department of Agriculture with advice and consent of the Racing Quarter
Horse Breeders Fund Advisory Board.
(7) No less than 90% of all moneys appropriated from the Illinois Racing Quarter Horse Breeders Fund shall be
expended for the purposes in items (1), (2), (3), (4), and (5) of this subsection (e).
(8) To provide for research programs concerning the health, development, and care of racing quarter horses.
(9) To provide for dissemination of public information designed to promote the breeding of racing quarter horses in
Fund Purpose: The purpose of the Fund is to receive and record monies obtained from pari-mutuel taxes on quarter
horse racing in accordance with the Racing Act. Monies in the Fund are to be expended, pursuant to
General Assembly appropriation, for awards, purse money, programs, research and other purposes as
identified by law.
Funds by Fund Number with Statutory Language Page 328
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.