ILLINOIS REGISTER 6538
STATE UNIVERSITIES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
NOTICE OF EMERGENCY AMENDMENTS
c) With respect to a ballot on which more than one trustee is to be elected, each
eligible voter may vote for only one candidate for each position to be elected. If
more candidates are selected than the number of positions to be elected, the ballot
is invalid and will not be counted. If the number of candidates selected is fewer
than the number of positions to be elected, the selection or selections will each
count as only one vote; and
d) Handwritten entries of candidates are invalid and will not be counted.
(Source: Added by emergency rulemaking at 33 Ill. Reg. 6525, effective April 27, 2009,
for a maximum of 150 days)
Section 1600.730 Return of Ballots and Ballot Counting Process
a) Upon receipt of the election materials specified in Section 1600.720, the eligible
1) Mark his or her ballot in accordance with Section 1600.725;
2) Write his or her signature and print his or her name, address and birthdate
(month, day and year) on the signature card;
3) Place only the completed ballot into the envelope marked "For Ballot
4) Place the completed signature card and the ballot envelope into the return
5) Seal and mail via U.S. mail or express delivery service the return
envelope, so as to ensure that it will reach the System at or prior to 10:00
a.m. on the Election Day.
b) Ballots must be received at the System at or prior to 10:00 a.m. on the Election
Day. Ballots received after 10:00 a.m. on the Election Day are invalid and will
not be counted.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.