Enclosed Room - Fire Outside Closed Door
Feel the door. If door is warm or hot - DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!
1. If you can reach a phone, dial 9-911 and give your location.
2. Place an article of clothing, a blanket, or a similar item along the bottom of the
door to keep smoke out.
3. If smoke begins to fill the room, keep body close to the floor and stay low.
4. Retreat as far as possible from the heat source.
Feel the door - If the door is not warm or hot:
1. Open the door cautiously. Stand behind the door, and be prepared to close the
door quickly if necessary.
2. If the area entered is filled with smoke, keep body close to the floor and stay low
3. Pull the fire alarm if it has not been activated.
4. Proceed to the pre-designated evacuation route.
5. DO NOT use the elevators.
6. Leave the building and move to your designated assembly area.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.