ILLINOIS REGISTER 5983
DEPARTMENT ON AGING
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENTS
a) In determining the classification assigned to each provider service violation, the
Department shall consider the following:
1) the severity of the violation;
2) the danger posed by the violation to the health, safety orand welfare of the
client, based upon degree of client impairment and availability of support
3) the provider's efforts to correct violations;
4) the volume and scope of violationsviolation(s).
b) There are 3three classifications of violations: Type I, Type II, and Type III.
1) Type I provider service violations are client-centered violations thatwhich
pose an imminent risk to the health, safety orand welfare of the
Community Care Program (CCP) client, and represent situations in
whichwhere failure to correct the violation could result in the client's
potential hospitalization or nursing facility placement. Type I violations
shall receive priority attention, requiring immediate (within 24 hours)
correction to remove the risk environment. Permanent correction must be
achieved within 60 calendar days.
2) Type II provider service violations are client-centered violations thatwhich
pose a potentially serious risk to the client. These violations are to be
corrected within 60 calendar days.
3) Type III provider service violations are administrative violations
thatwhich pose a very low risk to the client. The timeframe for correction
of Type III violations shall be 60 calendar days or as established in an
approved work plan.
c) Provider service violations include, but are not limited to, violation of the
following Community Care Program rules:
1) adult day service standard requirements, as specified in Section 240.1550
of this Part;
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.