ILLINOIS REGISTER 7612
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENTS
date of receipt shown on the return receipt form, except in the case of an
1) An applicant submitting an incomplete application shall be contacted by
staff of the State Board regarding the need for additional information and
the date by which the information must be received in order to avoid the
application's return as ineligible for consideration.
2) The 45-day response time referred to in this subsection (g) shall not
commence until the applicant submits the additional material requested by
the State Board, which shall be sent by certified mail, return receipt
3) Each application that has not been made complete by the date identified in
accordance with subsection (g)(1) of this Section shall be ineligible for
consideration and shall be returned to the applicant with an explanation as
to the deficiencies.Incomplete requests will not be considered.
h) The State Board may disapprove a request for the waiver or modification of State
Board rules or for the modification of School Code mandates if the request:
1) is not based upon sound educational practices,
2) endangers the health or safety of students or staff,
3) compromises equal opportunities for learning, or
4) does not address the intent of the rule or mandate in a more effective,
efficient or economical manner or does not have improved student
performance as a primary goal.
i) Disapproval of an application for a waiver or modification of a State Board rule or
for a modification of a School Code mandate shall be sent by certified mail to the
applicant no later than 45 calendar days after receipt of the application by the
State Board. An applicant wishing to appeal the denial of a request may do so
within 30 calendar days after receipt of the denial letter by sending a written
appeal by certified mail to the Illinois State Board of Education, Rules and
Waivers Unit, 100 North First Street, S-493, Springfield, Illinois 62777-0001.
The written appeal shall include the date the local governing board approved the
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.