Collection provided by: Lincoln Library
The Mercury Studio collection consists of thousands of photograph negatives taken for the years 1946 to the 1990s. The majority of the images were taken during the 1960s and 1970s. The collection was first started by Walter Bubnis and eventually was purchased by James Woodruff. The Sangamon Valley Collection acquired this collection after Woodruff's death in 2004. The collection consists of a variety of images including street scenes, businesses, weddings, conventions, portraits and social events. For further information, please contact Lincoln Library.